Monday, March 7, 2011

Day two

So far this has not been as bad as other people made it out to be. So either I am adjusting easier than most people, or the worst is still to come. I'm hoping it's not the second one. I had good energy levels for most of the day. The only really difficult time was from midnight to 5am. I had a lot of trouble staying awake. I had to walk around in circles and do jumping jacks so that I wouldn't fall asleep.

I have been dreaming during my naps, which is a good sign. This means I am getting REM sleep (the important kind).

I've also been eating like it is nobody's business, but I am justifying it with the fact that I am awake for 5 more hours each day than usual, thus I need more nourishment.

I'm starting to feel the late night exhaustion coming on. I'm hoping it isn't worse than this morning because it was hard to make it through. I have bright lights on and music pumping. (p.s. "Bare" is so much more heartbreaking on shuffle at 3am when you are sleep deprived.)

Sleep update: In the past 64 hours I have only slept for a total of 6 hours.

1 comment:

  1. You go Dennis! We'll work off all the extra calories when you get back from spring break in the gym! I'm also impressed with your choice of music... lovin' the Bare. :)

    ReplyDelete